About Us

 

The Anvil dates back to the 18th century, it started life as a single storey stone built thatched cottage which may have once housed one of the many watermills in the village.

 

Our Story

The Anvil

The Anvil was extended around 1885 with the addition of a brick built first floor and single storey workshop and stable, the property served as the village blacksmiths until the 1950’s.

Paul and Jayne Cheeseman rescued the property from dereliction in 2008 and carried out a comprehensive restoration retaining much of the original property while sympathetically extending it.

Stop awhile

Rooms & Rates

£70

Per room per night

The Anvil annexe provides spacious accommodation with a gravelled drive providing off street parking for visitors cars and secure garaging is available for up to two motorcycles or bicycles. Breakfast is continental self service style. We do not serve meals but both village pubs 50 metres away serve good quality food at reasonable rates and are open every evening. We are strictly non-smoking.

why not stop by

Take a look at the video

Drop Us a Line

Don't be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!

5 + 6 =

Or call us on 01430 827613